In an effort to support our business community during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have compiled the following list of valuable resources.
Governor Northam Announces New Statewide Measures to Contain COVID-19 – Released November 13, 2020
The following measures will take effect at midnight on Sunday, November 15:
- Reduction in public and private gatherings: All public and private in-person gatherings must be limited to 25 individuals, down from the current cap of 250 people. This includes outdoor and indoor settings.
- Expansion of mask mandate: All Virginians aged five and over are required to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces. This expands the current mask mandate, which has been in place in Virginia since May 29 and requires all individuals aged 10 and over to wear face coverings in indoor public settings.
- Strengthened enforcement within essential retail businesses: All essential retail businesses, including grocery stores and pharmacies, must adhere to statewide guidelines for physical distancing, wearing face coverings, and enhanced cleaning. While certain essential retail businesses have been required to adhere to these regulations as a best practice, violations will now be enforceable through the Virginia Department of Health as a Class One misdemeanor.
- On-site alcohol curfew: The on-site sale, consumption, and possession of alcohol is prohibited after 10:00 p.m. in any restaurant, dining establishment, food court, brewery, microbrewery, distillery, winery, or tasting room. All restaurants, dining establishments, food courts, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, and tasting rooms must close by midnight. Virginia law does not distinguish between restaurants and bars, however, under current restrictions, individuals that choose to consume alcohol prior to 10:00 p.m. must be served as in a restaurant and remain seated at tables six feet apart.
The full text of amended Executive Order Sixty-Three and Order of Public Health Emergency Five and sixth amended Executive Order Sixty-Seven and Order of Public Health Emergency Seven are available here.
COVID-19 Business Resources
- Accomack-Northampton Planning District Commission – ESVA Financial Assistance Resources
- Eastern Shore Tourism Commission
- CDC COVID One-Stop Shop Toolkits
- HartBeat of Main Street Grant Program
- Rebuild VA Grants for Small Businesses and Non-Profits
- Town of Chincoteague Info on Small Business & Working Waterman Assistance
- PPP & EIDL LOANS STILL AVAILABLE – Act now!
- Watermen Grants Available through CARES Act in Accomack County – Opens June 5 at 10 a.m.
- Accomack-Northampton Planning District Commission – Business COVID Response Survey
- Eastern Shore of Virginia Chamber of Commerce – Lunch & Learn Webinar Series: ESVA Road to Recovery
- FedEx Grants – Support Small Business Grants
- FEMA’s Emergency Lodging Assistance Program
- Hampton Roads Workforce Council/Greater Peninsula Workforce Board
- International Economic Development Council – Summary of the stimulus bill.
- Internal Revenue Service – TaxDay is now July 15 for both filing returns AND federal tax payments. IRS urge taxpayers who are owed refunds to file electronically as soon as possible.
- IRS – Small business & self-employed resources, IRS – Postponement of tax filing,
- National Restaurant Association
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Shore Delivery Corps. – Pick-up/delivery service for food/medications. Call (757) 801-9950, or email email@example.com
- Social Security Administration
- US Chamber Coronavirus Response Toolkit
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Funding Programs & Disaster Assistance
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce – Blueprint for Getting Virginians Back to Work Initiative and Blueprint for Getting Virginians Back to Work Survey (survey deadline is May 15)
- Virginia Department of Small Business & Supplier Diversity (SBSD) Virtual Events
- Virginia Employment Commission
Virginia Employment Commission Online Unemployment Filing Process Tutorial
- Virginia Humanities to Award CARES Act Funds to Virginia Nonprofits in Need – Application deadline April 30, 5pm
- Virginia Small Business Development Center Road to Recovery Webinar Series
- Virginia Tourism Corporation Business Resources Toolkit & Industry Response Toolkit
- Virginia Tourism Corporation COVID-19 Industry Survey
- Virginia Workforce Connection – check unemployment status or file a new claim
- Worker FAQ – Frequently asked questions from workers regarding COVID-19
Center for Disease Control and Prevention Resources
Center for Disease Control and Prevention Business Resources
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Outdoor Recreation Management and Response During COVID-19 – Webinars for May 20 & 27. click on dates to register
Prevention and Treatment, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Travel Health Notices
Large Event Gatherings
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Save Small Business Grant. Application will go live on Mon., April 20 at 3pm.
Virginia Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
Virginia Chamber’s COVID-19 Resource Center
The Chincoteague Chamber seeks to provide access to recommendations, regulations, services and expertise to its members. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this mission remains constant. Prior to acting, members should consult their own professional advisers for information and counsel specific to the individual and unique situations faced by organizations, individuals and corporations. The opinions, interpretations and recommendations of the Chincoteague Chamber are informational only and should not be relied upon by the recipient as legal or professional advice. The Chincoteague Chamber makes no representations as to the accuracy or reliability of the content contained herein. Users of this information accept any and all risks associated with the use of such information and agree that the Chincoteague Chamber has no liability to user.