The Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce has received a United States Economic Development Administration CARES Act Recovery Assistance Supplemental Award for the Eastern Shore of Virginia through the Accomack-Northampton Planning District Commission. The grant will provide funding through June 2022, allowing the chamber to offer economic response and recovery planning assistance to our businesses as they craft new resiliency plans to address future situations such as the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic.
Implementation may include but is not limited to:
- Workshops focused on Business Resiliency, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Communications, Website Design and Social Media Platforms
- Develop stronger and more user-friendly Economic Development Resources section on ChincoteagueChamber.com
- Lunch & Learns focused on relevant economic development topics - insurance, banking, workforce development, tax accounting and Small Business Administration
- Workforce Development Training
- Monthly Networking Luncheons, Business Before/During/After Hours, Job Fairs and Chamber Sponsored Events and Meetings
Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce
Seminars, Webinars & Workshops
Planning for the Recovery with Adam Sacks 12-2020 - Presented in December 2020 at Virginia Tourism Corporation online seminar
2021 Virginia Certified Ecotour Guide Course - This eight-week class, offered “live” online Tuesday evenings, will provide successful students with certification credentials to lead their own Ecotours in coastal Virginia and earn 3 CEUs. The course will focus on aspects of ecotourism, including: ecosystem science, customer service, business marketing, interpretation skills, culture, and natural history.
Tips on PPP Loan Forgiveness - Video from Aaron Frazier, Director of Healthcare and Tax Policy at the National Restaurant Association on information related to PPP Loan Forgiveness.
TripAadvisor Publishes New 'The Year of the Travel Rebound' Report - Highlights traveler trends to watch in 2021, including:
• Traveler confidence that the vaccine rollout will allow for more travel, including international travel
• Domestic travel will remain strong;
• Consumers are spending more time planning trips;
• Respondents are looking forward to more in person dining this year, but will also order more takeout meals.