The Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce has received a United States Economic Development Administration CARES Act Recovery Assistance Supplemental Award for the Eastern Shore of Virginia through the Accomack-Northampton Planning District Commission. The grant will provide funding through June 2022, allowing the chamber to offer economic response and recovery planning assistance to our businesses as they craft new resiliency plans to address future situations such as the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic.
Implementation may include but is not limited to:
- Workshops focused on Business Resiliency, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Communications, Website Design and Social Media Platforms
- Develop stronger and more user-friendly Economic Development Resources section on ChincoteagueChamber.com
- Lunch & Learns focused on relevant economic development topics - insurance, banking, workforce development, tax accounting and Small Business Administration
- Workforce Development Training
- Monthly Networking Luncheons, Business Before/During/After Hours, Job Fairs and Chamber Sponsored Events and Meetings
Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce
Customer Experience Seminar
On May 19, 2022, the Chincoteague Chamber in partnership with Eastern Shore Community College and through our EDA CARES Act Recovery Grant offered a Customer Experience Seminar to the business community. The seminar provided customer service training for employers and employees, as well as marketing and public relations strategies for small businesses. Below are abridged presentations.
Customer Service Presentation
Marketing and Public Relations Strategies For Small Businesses