Phase 3 Guidelines—Governor Northam
“What You Need to Know” (short version)
- Face coverings required inside buildings or in line for service
- Social gatherings up to 50% of event space or 250 people max while maintaining 6 ft. of social distance
- Restaurants open at 100% capacity indoor dining while maintaining 6 ft. between tables
- Gyms open at 75% capacity while maintaining 10 ft. physical distancing
- Indoor/outdoor pools open at 75% with 10 ft. between swimmers
- Hot Tubs remain closed
- Assateague Island National Seashore (Public Beach) has limited lifeguard services (see below for more info)
CHINCOTEAGUE NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE & ASSATEAGUE ISLAND NATIONAL SEASHORE INFORMATION:
REFUGE HOURS: 5AM to 10PM
***Beginning Monday, June 29, 2020 the CNWR will resume collecting entrance fees. Please anticipate stopping at the booths to present your current pass or purchase one. Credit transactions are encouraged whenever possible, but also accept cash and check (made out to USFWS).
Beach is open for swimming, sunbathing, sitting, beach combing, hiking, exercise, and fishing.
****Limited Lifeguard services available Thursday-Monday. No lifeguards on duty Tuesday or Wednesday. USE EXTREME CAUTION!****
Hiking and biking trails are open.
Parking Lots open
Bathhouses and bathroom facilities available
Herbert Bateman Visitor Center, Refuge Trek and Assateague Lighthouse remain closed. Toms Cove Visitor Center walk up window is open Friday-Sunday 10am-Noon and 1pm-3pm to purchase OSV permits and secure bonfire permits. South OSV is currently closed for bird migration until September.
PLEASE ALLOW 6 FEET OF PHYSICAL DISTANCING BETWEEN YOUR GROUP AND OTHERS
Governor Northam & Town of Chincoteague COVID-19 Related Press Releases
State Official Contact Information
Business owners please refer to our COVID-19 Business Resources page for valuable information and links to support your business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ways to Help our Local Businesses:
- Purchase gift certificates/cards
- Order take out or delivery
- Shop online
- If you are able, skip the refund on a local show or experience
- If you are able, consider paying or even just tipping regularly scheduled services you are unable to use like a haircut, manicure, dog walking, house cleaning services.
- Social media – leave a review, share their posts, comment to increase engagement.
What’s Open on CI?
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY PLEASE FOLLOW THESE FEW SIMPLE GUIDELINES:
- FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED INSIDE ALL BUILDINGS AND OUTSIDE WHEN 6 FEET OF SOCIAL DISTANCING IS NOT POSSIBLE (FOR INSTANCE….WAITING IN LINE FOR FOOD SERVICE)
- WASH HANDS OR SANITIZE OFTEN
- MAINTAIN 6 FEET OF SOCIAL DISTANCE AT ALL TIMES
Call any of our wonderful attractions to make reservations for cruises, fishing trips, tours and so much more. Find them HERE
EATS & DRINKS: Indoor dining at 100% capacity, but must maintain 6 feet between parties/tables.
Masks required inside until seated at your table.
CLICK HERE for a complete list of wonderful food options.
Masks required inside and social distancing in place.
CLICK HERE for a complete list of fantastic shops, boutiques, art galleries, and more.
Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce – Open Mon – Fri 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Chincoteague Food Closet – Open every 3rd Thursday of the month for island residents. Pick up a box of food or have it delivered. For questions or if in need of food sooner, call Craig or Karen at 571-635-2264.
Chincoteague Island Community Health Center hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Patients who are sick please call ahead prior to going to an Eastern Shore Rural Health center. Telemedicine visits (by phone or video) are available for sick patients.
- Patients with routine MEDICAL appointments will be contacted to either schedule a telemedicine visit (by phone or video) or to reschedule an in-person appointment for a later time.Refills will be taken care of during call. Patients with refill needs who don’t have an appointment scheduled contact your center by calling or patient portal.
- WELL CHILD appointments can be done via a telemedicine appointment (by phone or video), with vaccinations then given during a quick visit to the center. Parents will be contacted to arrange well child checks. NO in-person well child appointments at this time. Newborn checks for babies are being done at the centers.
- DENTAL services limited to EMERGENCY TREATMENT ONLY at Atlantic and Franktown centers ONLY. Dental patients with an urgent need should CALL BEFORE coming in.
- Late hours (after 5 p.m.) suspended at all centers.
- Mask Up VA!: campaign aims to normalize mask-wearing in the Commonwealth. Nice fliers that can be used. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BsV87U3EYYHA5K5sE9gcubzAfdk7-MSQ
- Business Toolkits Resources for general businesses, brick and mortar retailers, and restaurants can be found in these toolkits. (Additional toolkits for other sectors are in production.) Has fliers and other useful artwork that can be used. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OCvgHCN30JdbZWFx_G0IbdH6ux-SodRA
How to make a mask
How to wear a mask
How to social distance
How to disinfect your home
How to wash your hands
Tips for shopping safely during COVID-19
Tips for everyday life during COVID-19
Think you have COVID-19?
Caring for elderly/high risk during COVID-19
Living with elderly/high risk during COVID-19
Tips for life at home during COVID-19 (longform)
Business & Community Event Updates: Closures & Postponements
If you do not see a business, event or activity listed here, please contact the business/organization directly for latest updates as this is a fluid situation and changes may happen without our knowledge.
Beebe Ranch – Closed for 2020 season.
Captain Timothy Hill House – Closed to the public for summer season. Stay tuned for more information for virtual tours.
Chincoteague Bay Field Station – All summer programs are canceled and the office is closed through August 30.
Chincoteague Cultural Alliance – No Farmer’s Markets or Artful Flea in 2020. Will re-evaluate in September for Holly Day Market & Wildlife Art Gallery.
NASA Wallops Visitor Center – Closed and public programs canceled until further notice
Buckaroo Bingo – Cancelled for July 28
Additional events can be found on our Events Page.
The Chincoteague Chamber seeks to provide access to recommendations, regulations, services and expertise to its members. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this mission remains constant. Prior to acting, members should consult their own professional advisers for information and counsel specific to the individual and unique situations faced by organizations, individuals and corporations. The opinions, interpretations and recommendations of the Chincoteague Chamber are informational only and should not be relied upon by the recipient as legal or professional advice. The Chincoteague Chamber makes no representations as to the accuracy or reliability of the content contained herein. Users of this information accept any and all risks associated with the use of such information and agree that the Chincoteague Chamber has no liability to user.
Health Awareness Resources