2020 CNWR Annual Pass Photo Contest
- Each entry must have been taken on Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Please remember that feeding, baiting and touching wildlife is prohibited. Please provide a short description of where photo was taken.
- Photos cannot include a subject that has been featured within the past 5 years
2016 – Bald Eagle
2017 – Monarch Butterfly
2018 – Snapping Turtle
2019 – Sunset/Sunrise Landscape
2020 – Delmarva Peninsula Fox Squirrel
2014 – Assateague Lighthouse
2015 – Ponies
- Image cropping and resizing is allowed but any color modifications or addition of elements not existing in the original image will not be accepted.
- Photo must be in landscape format.
- Photo must be 3:2 aspect ratio in order to fit the standard pass format.
- Photo must be a high resolution (300 dpi) as the winning photos must look good in print. Your file will likely be 3 mb or larger.
- Only 1 entry per photographer.
- Photographers must be the sole owner of the copyright for the photograph submitted and entries must be submitted by the original creator.
- Photo must not infringe on any other person’s or entity’s rights.
- Photos with people in them will not be accepted.
- All rules and regulations of Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge must be followed when taking photographs. Photographs depicting anything that does not adhere to the rules and regulations of Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge; contains unsafe acts; presents resource or public use management concerns; or photographs that are inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by the Refuge Manager in their sole discretion, shall be disqualified.
- All submitted photos will remain the property of the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce to be used in future promotions or marketing with proper photo credit given to the photographer.
- ALL Amateur Photographers (less than 20% of your total income is from photography).
- There is no cost/fee for entering this contest.
- Individuals who derive 20% or more of their income from photography.
- Employees, interns and volunteers of Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, Assateague Island National Seashore, Chincoteague Natural History Association, Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce board of directors and staff, representatives or sponsors of the participating agencies, and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- The winner must complete & sign a Copyright Release Agreement (FWS Form 3-2259).
- A high resolution copy of the winning photo and copyright release must be submitted to CNWR no later than September 18th, 2020.
- The winning photo will become the property of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The photographer grants unlimited use of submitted photographs by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Chincoteague Natural History Association for publications, displays, web pages, presentations and promotional products. Credit will always be given to the photographer. The photographer retains the copyright to their photo. The winning photo will be featured on the 2021 Annual Pass for Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge.
- The winner will receive a free Refuge Annual Pass at the beginning of the year.
- Entries must be submitted by the original creator.
- A high resolution digital copy of your entry can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed entry form (CLICK ON LINK BELOW) must be submitted with your photo. Incomplete entries will not be accepted and will be automatically disqualified.