Chincoteague Natural History Association
The Chincoteague Natural History Association is a non-profit corporation established in partnership with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and organized for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. The purpose of the CNHA is to support the mission and goals of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge Complex. To establish this purpose, the CNHA has a mission to:
- Provide necessary resources for interpretive and educational programs on CNWR
- Enhance the promotion of the mission and goals of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on CNWR
- Provide support for protection and preservation efforts of both natural and historic cultural resources on CNWR
- Participation in and sponsorship of special events by CNWR
- Producing and acquiring educational and interpretive materials (books, pamphlets, photographs, map, films and other) and making these resources available to refuge visitors, by sales or free distribution
For a complete list of island events and activities, CLICK HERE.