Date(s) - September 11, 2021
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Categories No Categories
The next launch from NASA Wallops Flight Facility will take place on Saturday, September 11. The launch window begins at 4pm and ends at 7pm. This launch mission will feature a Terrier Improved Malemute sounding rocket for Sandia National Labs.
The launch, weather permitting, may be visible from the Eastern Shore of Virginia and Maryland and southern Delaware. Live stream will begin 20 minutes before launch on our YouTube channel. Learn more: https://go.nasa.gov/3BUorVQ
1. Queen’s Sound Landing – Along Causeway on Rt 175 NOTE: There is NO PARKING permitted on Rt 175
2. Curtis Merritt Harbor – 2246 Curtis Merritt Harbor Rd
3. Town Dock/Robert Reed Park – 4083 Main Street
4. Walking Bridge by Museum of Chincoteague Island – 7125 Maddox Blvd NOTE: Museum is open until 5pm
5. Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge & Assateague Island National Seashore NOTE: South OSV zone (the beach south of the parking areas) will completely close to all access 4 hours prior to the launch. South OSV zone will reopen following launch or when launch is scrubbed.