Date(s) - 07/04/2018
Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company presents 4th of July Fireworks! Fireworks will be held across from the Carnival on Main Street. Hours 7:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. Fireworks start at 10:00 p.m. LEARN MORE
1. The fireworks display will be on Wednesday, July 4th beginning at 10:00 p.m. across from the Carnival on Main Street . Rain dates July 5 – 7.
2. The Carnival will open at 7:00 p.m.
3. The Carnival will close at 10:00 p.m. so everyone can enjoy the celebration
4. There will be VERY LIMITED parking at the Carnival on July 4th. The parking area across from the Carnival will be closed
5. The Pony Express will be operating on July 4th with three trolleys free of charge beginning at 5:00 p.m.
6. In addition, The Town of Chincoteague will offer shuttle service from the Chincoteague High School to the Carnival Beginning at 6:00 p.m. Visitors and citizens are encouraged to use this free service
7. The Carnival Pony Express and shuttle stop for July 4th will be in the rear of the Carnival grounds for this one night only
8. After the fireworks there will be four lines at the rear of the Carnival. Two will be the Pony Express Trolley and two will be for the shuttle service back to the Chincoteague High School
9. The additional service is being provided by the Pony Express, the Town of Chincoteague, and the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company to help alleviate traffic and parking problems. Fire and Rescue emergency response will be from the Carnival, so it is important to allow clear and safe passage of these vehicles.
10. There will be road closures of Main Street south of Jester Street and Willow Street and from Jester Street to Bunting Road. Also, some streets will be marked with NO Parking. PLEASE AVOID THE FUSS, RIDE THE BUS.
For a complete list of Island events and activities CLICK HERE