1. All participants must be Registered on the Official Sign in Sheet will be at Captain Steve’s 6527 Maddox Blvd. Chincoteague, VA 23336. Before starting to fish.
2. The tournament fishing time starts at 6 am on Friday, November 20th, and lasts around the clock until 3 pm on Sunday, November 22nd.
3. The weigh station is located @ Capt. Steve’s.
4. Weigh in ends at 8 pm Friday and Saturday and Sunday at 4 pm.
5. All participants must fish from the Assateague Virginia surf. NO BOAT, NO BAY, AND NO PIER fishing.
6. All fish weighed must have been caught by the individual bringing the fish to the weigh station. All fish must be caught on hook and line by the registered participant.
7. Each participant may not fish more than three rods at a time.
8. No kites, balloon rigs, paddling out baits, bait cannons, or drones. No chumming or chum pots. No gaffing fish.
9. The tournament will fish rain or shine—no makeup dates are scheduled.
10. All fish must adhere to Virginia state size regulations.
11. No cut or mutilated fish will be accepted.
12. All red drum and striped bass weighed in must be in the slot.
13. Prizes are awarded solely based on fish weight. In the event of identical weights, the first fish weighed shall be declared the winner. In the event of identical weights and times, any prize money for one or both places on the leaderboard will be divided equally between the two participants.
14. By signing the entry form, the participant consents that the Capt. Steve’s 2020 Surf Fishing Tournament may use without payment or restrictions any photographs in which he or she appears for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial, or promotional material.
15. The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry from any applicant. If an entry is refused, then 100% of the applicant’s entry fee will be returned.
16. All participants are responsible for reading and following all rules and regulations set forth by the Capt. Steve’s 2020 Surf Fishing Challenge.