The creation of the Chincoteague Pony Rescue was to establish a safe environment for neglected, abandoned and abused Chincoteague Ponies. The Chincoteague Pony Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization made up of volunteers to provide quality care and treatment of the ponies through intervention, education and proper placement into forever homes.
- To provide transportation, establish a peaceful and loving environment with quality care for abused, abandoned and neglected Chincoteague Ponies.
- To promote public awareness and education about the breed and the prevalence of abuse and neglect.
- To research and insure proper placement in a forever home with a loving and caring environment through adoption.
- To keep our sponsors and supporters informed of progressive and informative interests of the Chincoteague Pony Rescue through press releases, website, emails and other forms of media.
- To involve the community through private and corporate sponsorships with tax deductible donations.
For a complete list of island events and activities, CLICK HERE